Group A: Thursday 9:00-10:30~Social Studies
Group B: Thursday 12:45pm-2:15pm~Social Studies
Group C: Wednesday 10:30am-12:00pm ~Social Studies
In this course, students will learn about the diverse history that has shaped our world. Students will delve into the evolution of civilization from the rise of ancient empires to the beginning of the Middle Ages. Comprehensive and organized by region, this two-semester middle school course helps students understand the Earth’s physical and human diversity. Middle school students will investigate the reasons for the development of ancient societies, the effects of the emerging civilizations, their problems, and the progress made during different periods of social-economic, and political development.
Throughout this course, students will meet the following goals:
- Identify and characterize early Eastern and Western human civilizations
- Explore the creation and evolution of government through the history of ancient civilizations
- Analyze the role of various civilizations and societies on developing social, economic, and political structures throughout history
- Examine various conflicts throughout world history and how the conflicts affected various societies
- Investigate the enduring contributions of ancient civilizations to the world today
You must be logged in to post a comment.